Busy Days

Friday, November 27, 2015

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. We went to my dad's family's get together, which always feels like having a good meal with polite strangers. Granted, the only way to get to know them is to spend more time with them, but Karl is always ready to go and it is so far from home. If we stay too late, then we'd be driving home super-tired, which isn't very responsible. And so.

The younger males in the extended family like to play a little football after dinner.











We had Taryn, my sweet 16-year-old take some of our annual Thanksgiving shots to use on Christmas cards. I was rather disappointed to see the reality of my body in a sweater dress, but the close-ups of our face were nice, although Karl was making weird eye expressions.
                                     

Last night, Tierney and Jake came over. We went to K-mart to buy a game and visit Taryn, but unfortunately, she was working register and the line was just outrageous. So we waved and went on to Walgreens, where they bought Farkle and we took it home to play. Liam is old enough to understand it, so he played, too.

Today it is my turn to make a turkey lunch for Karl's parents. Which would be okay, except I still need to get groceries (assuming we don't want canned yams and Stove Top stuffing with our turkey (which sounds fine to me, but...)

It's raining. It is nice and Novembery, except I have to stand out to get the dog to do his business.

                                     
I am thankful for many things. Technically, aside from not being a homeschooling mom, I have everything I ever wanted. Interesting how your mind works to find more things to want, though.

:o).

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!