Making a coffee bar

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I have wanted to put in a coffee bar for quite some time. We had a dresser with the Keurig in my last home, but I just hadn't gotten around to doing it here.
Since today is a snow day (yay for being a teacher!), I decided to at least get started.

Now, here is the dream coffee bar. Unfortunately, it looks nothing like my house. I know I said a year or two ago I was over the chalkboard thing, but apparently, I am not.

I found this on decoholic:

Decoholic

home Coffee Station 12


But again. Nothing like my house.

Here is what I am actually working on:



Not quite the same:o).
As you can see, it's not finished.
Issues:

1. My coffee pots need a good scrubbing.
2. I need a place for mugs.
3. I need to utilize the shelf below.
4. It's too close to the kitchen table which we only use for laundry. We tend to stick the kids at the counter to eat, and if we eat as a family we eat in the dining room. So I would like a smaller table and/or I would like to get rid of the table (then I'd have a weird open space, though).

So, it's a start. I used the entryway table, which was rather narrow for my small entryway, so my husband will be happy, he won't be bumping into that. But now, I need to get a smaller table or something to got there. Maybe a narrow chest. We'll see.

Ideas are appreciated.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!